Sunday, February 3, 2013

In My Mailbox #28: The Library Raid Edition

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.  The goal of the meme: share all the awesome books we received/bought/borrowed over the past week and hopefully put new books on people's radars.

On a more personal note: This blog has been undergoing another lengthy hiatus for the past three weeks, for the same reason it did last time: with a new semester starting, and being at a new university, I haven't had much time to read, let alone blog.  BUT, I'm dedicated to posting much more regularly now, as I get into the swing of the new semester.  I've really missed blogging during my short hiatus and reading all the blogs I like to keep up with.  Anyway, here's my latest book haul from the last few weeks:


Here's what I got:
From The Library/ YA Books:




My library's YA section just had tons of enticing new books yesterday!  I really want to read Grave Mercy, which is about medieval nuns who are assassins and the "handmaidens of Death" (craziest premise ever), and Vessel, which sounds like the most unique story by the amazing Sarah Beth Durst.  Graffiti Moon is a book I've seen on Australian bloggers' favorites lists for years; and finally, I have had The Drowned Cities on my Goodreads to-read list for time unknown.

 Manga/Graphic Novels:


Let's see: A Bride's Story is the third volume in a manga series whose debut I reviewed here.  I really love the beautiful art in this series.  Blue Exorcist is a new popular shonen manga which I've been wanting to read, and Angel Sanctuary is an old fantasy series by one of my favorite manga-kas.


Kindle E-books:

Tiger Lily will definitely be one of my next reviews.  I don't want to let the feeling of having experienced how awesome it is fade even a little bit.  I'm reading The Winter Sea now and liking it, though it's not my usual kind of book.

What's in your mailbox this weekend?  Leave the link to your post when you comment and I'll be sure to come check out your latest bookish acquisitions.  :)

8 comments:

Sana said...

Wow, an awesome book haul! Something Red looks interesting so does The Winter Sea. Enjoy.

Here's my Book Haul post.

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Jen Greyson said...

Gravy Mercy sounds so intriguing. I'm on a wait list for it, and hopefully I'll get it soon.

Tiger Lily was excellent!

Kat said...

@Jen-- I loved Tiger Lily, too-- it was a great surprise! Hope you get to try Grave Mercy soon.

Raya @ midnight coffee monster said...

I saw The Drowned Cities a few weeks back and almost grabbed Ship Breaker to read, but I decided to buy China Miéville's Railsea instead. Maybe at a later time I will go back for Bacigalupi's books, because they sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it! (:

And likewise with Vessel and Graffiti Moon -- I've had those on my TBR list for months.

Happy reading!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Graffiti Moon and Grave Mercy look awesome! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

Here's my STS!

Kat said...

@Raya-- Paolo Bacigalupi's books are all great-- I definitely recommend them! And actually, he has some similarities with China Mieville (mostly in his themes and writing style), but I like Mieville, too.

His adult novel The Windup Girl is very good, but Ship Breaker is absolutely impossible to put down. Hope you decide to come back to that one! :)

mk said...

I really like Graffiti moon... I hope you enjoy reading all your books!
My IMM

Rinn said...

I noticed you hadn't posted in a while, welcome back =)
I think Grave Mercy may be on my tbr list (or I might be mixing it up with another book...). And I've watched the anime of Blue Exorcist, it was pretty good =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...